Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'd have to live in a box and eat only lox and have a pet fox

So, last night, I may have... FINISHED MY FIRST SOCK!!! Woowooo! It's a traditional sock - top down, stockinette, heel flap. (Ooh, funny story about the heel flap - it's accidentally decorative. I didn't realize until halfway through that slipping purlwise =/= slipping with yarn in front. Oopsy. At least it looks nice. I'll just have to do that with the second sock as well.) It's in Louet Gems in Baby Coral. It's a bit loose in the leg because I've got scrawny ankles, but other than that it fits great! Yay! Pictures -





Currently I'm trying to finish up my baby blanket before the baby shower on Sunday. I'm almost there! After that I have to hunker down and finish my Who scarf by the end of the month. Then I can go hog wild on some new projects, including my first shot at lace!

Still waiting on my first issue of Interweave Knits. They need to speed it the hell up so I can start my Tilted Duster (which I'm going to make out of Malabrigo, so I can be like all the cool kids). They found the time to send me my bill, but my magazine hasn't arrived yet despite being shipped 2 weeks ago. Hmmm.

Signed up for the Harvest Sock Swap (linky button thing in the sidebar), which I think will be a great chance to practice my new sock skillz.

I also signed up for Kathe's top-down no-pattern raglan sweater class. My motivation has nothing to do with having priority pickins at the Malabrigo. I swear. *whistles*

Oh! I just got this beautiful etsy sock yarn in the mail -

The seller is kavatar0 and she shipped super super fast. The yarn is gorgeous, and I even got some candy with it! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, lace! Now, Malabrigo lace is something else entirely....