Thursday, October 4, 2007

Starter by nature

Now that the Who scarf is finally finished, I'm feeling free to start some new projects. First up is the Knitty LaceCap. I'm knitting it in Misti Baby Alpaca Lace, double stranded. Started it yesterday, but tonight I wound up ripping it out twice. First because I was doing the pattern repeat incorrectly and second because I didn't realize until 4 rows in that I had cast on too few stitches. Whoops. I'll try again later.

I also started my Big Baby Blanket, made with Muench Big Baby multi. I'm knitting it on my Daisy size 17 needles. They're actually too short, so I'm having to scrunch the stitches down real tight to fit them all on, but aside from that it's going fabulously! I started it tonight, and I'm a third of the way done. And the yarn is adorable and super soft.

Unfortunately I won't have my camera back until Sunday, so this post is pictureless. Sorry.

Oh, and I'm addicted to Ravelry now. It's the most useful site! I spent all day looking up either certain patterns and what yarn people use, or looking up certain yarns to see what everyone else was knitting with it. It's an amazing tool. How did I ever get by those many... months of knitting without it?

No comments: