Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm an Oregonian!

I have been a resident of the Land of the Naked People (or Portland, for the rest of you) for nearly three weeks now. I miss my Florida friends, but I have to say that this place is absolutely amazing. It's where I'm supposed to be.

Right now I'm sitting on my couch looking out our gigantic windows at the blue sky, old warehouses with faded signs, a skyscraper or two, and lush green trees. It's great. I love these windows. (Picture is pre-furniture, from our first few days here.)

Since we've gotten here, we've seen Eddie Izzard live, gone to the Portland International Beerfest in our front yard, and spent a few days in Las Vegas. The weather has been beautiful (here, not in Vegas, where it was 106 in the middle of the night) - highs around 75 or 80, lows in the 50s and 60s. Sunny every day. Gorgeous.

No knitting pictures this entry, basically because I haven't touched yarn or needles since we got here. My knitting time has been used for unpacking and exploring the neighborhood. Tonight we're seeing the Watson Twins in concert.

Matt starts work on Monday, which means it's time for me to start looking for a job of my own. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, that apartment looks like Missy.

Miss you though!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're loving living in Oregon!

We miss you TONS!

Jackie

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your knitting in a harlot-esque pose highlighting events and places around your new home. I am thrilled you love it there, even though I miss you too much.

sniffles. i miss missy

tinkguy said...

Wow! Awesome windows! Good luck with the job hunt!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but I've felt the same urge to move to Portland--pre Gus Van Sant movies. Envious, but do you miss the beaches?